WELCOME TO TE UKU SCHOOL
We are a rural school of around 165 Year 1 to 8 students, located 10 minutes out of Raglan township on State Highway 23 in the mighty Waikato. Our vision is to "Expand the Hearts and Minds" of our students to become confident, connected, actively involved, lifelong learners.
The Five Rs
Te Uku School has developed the Five Rs to enable students and teachers to live, learn, work and contribute as active members of this community.
- Relationships - Developing and maintaining positive relationships, learning with and from each other.
- Resilience - Showing resilience in the face of challenges and uncertainties.
- Resourcefulness - Solving problems and being able to learn in different ways.
- Responsibility - Taking responsibility for our learning, for the environment and for managing ourselves.
- Reflectiveness - Thinking reflectively about our own learning and taking action.
These are not separate or stand-alone. They are the key to learning in every learning area. Opportunities to develop the Five Rs occur in curricular and co-curricular experiences. The descriptors are not fixed and require ongoing reflection and change to meet the needs of the students.
New Enrolments Welcome!
To enrol your child in a learning environment that actively promotes critical thinking, self-regulated and inquiry learning, please contact Paula to arrange a time to visit and view our fabulous school in action.